"Metal is a plastic Medium"

Monday, June 7, 2010

Homemade hydraulic die press


A new toy!

I purchased an Enerpac hydraulic pump along with a 20 ton hydraulic cylinder at a garage sale. I will also keep you updated on the whole process of using this hydraulic press.
Here is a pic of the press i just put together using the above hydraulic jack, on a 30 ton H frame shop press that I found for sale on Craigslist for 60 dollars.
hydraulic press

And here is a sample of of a few things I created using the above press.

This press is working out great. A few weeks after I started using the hydraulic jack, I had to replace the gasket in it. Other than regular maintenance it's working great.

hydraulic die forming

The plastic I made the die from, was originally the board portion of a clip board bought at a second hand store.

die

1 comment: